Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 19
Woke up to the tinkling of cow bells and the ringing of church bells this morning. It was magical when I woke up; the view from the nearest window was of a castle and the dolomites. After we packed the car mum and I continued on our journey towards Venice. We successfully navigated our way through Italy (with the help of a GPS) and arrived in a parking lot in Venice. We started walking towards hotel and had been walking about 15 minutes when my mother realized she had left the headlights on. Half an hour later we arrived at our hotel at the exact time that the Alfred Deakin High School was arriving. I got to catch up with my friends on the trip, and the best reaction of them all was Clare Moore’s. I casually said hi to her, and she assumed I was someone else from the trip and greeted me casually. A second after that she realized it was me and screamed ‘Hey!’


Day 20
This morning we decided to try out the hotels breakfast, which was a mistake. They were very inefficient there; Mum and I had been sitting down for 20 minutes before they brought us some bread and hot chocolate, 5 other people who had come in later were served before us. After breakfast we headed towards the vaporreto stop that would take us to Murano. After 10 minutes of wandering through the tricky streets of Venice I looked at the map and quickly navigated us to our stop! The boat ride was about 25 minutes long and was very enjoyable. The first place we went to on Murano was the museum. The museum had fascinating glass objects in it, the most amazing being a little glass vase that was made around the 1st century BC. It was hard to comprehend that this little glass vase was older than Australian culture. After the museum we looked around in the shops and saw some amazing little figurines. There were all types of animals, the best being some tiny glass ants that were a little bit smaller than a bull ant! When we got back from Murano we wandered around the Jewish Ghetto, which was pretty but not entirely interesting. Then we went to a little church that was full of beautiful paintings.


No comments:

Post a Comment